RS 3: Asia-South Pacific
- Frank Xue, Vice President Zhongdao group China
- Pan Guang, Vice President Shanghai Academy of Sciences, Ambassador UNAOC
- Yan Jun, Secretary General Beijing Forum
- Jiang Mingjun, President of IESCO
- Fethi Mansouri, Director Centre for Citizenship and GlobalisationChair, Migration and Intercultural Studies
- Khalek Awang, CEO Global Movement of Moderates Foundation
Rapporteur: Pece Gorgievski, President GDF
Moderator: Jean-Christophe Bas, UNAOC
About 150 leaders from Governments, academic, corporate sector, media, youth, civil society from China and almost all countries from Asia/South Pacific in the region have attended the UNAOC Asia & South Pacific regional consultation held in Shaghai in November 2012. The consultation was aimed at mapping out relevant issues and topics for the work and activity of the Alliance in the region in the coming years.
The purpose of the session in Vienna will be to discuss and present a proposed UNAOC plan of action for the region in the next two years with support to concrete initiatives to contribute to enhance dialogue and understanding among people, cultures and religions in the region; and to propose an agenda for further talks among key actors in the region engaging civil society leaders, media, youth.